Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm back from Greece!

I was able to meet Clark in Rhodes, an Greek island, for a week. I got back on Monday, and I wish I could do it all again! Not only did I get to see my husband for the first time in five months, but I got to spend time with him on a beautiful island. We hung out on the beach, visited the shops, toured the historical sites, ate the food, and enjoyed being together again! The water was so clear and blue! You could see straight to the bottom of the sea. Our hotel was right across the street from the beach and a ten minutes walk from "Old Town Rhodes," the medievel part of the city. The week flew by, but it's great to be moving on to "Life after the Navy."

Clark is in Virginia this week doing paperwork and getting ready to leave. He and his brother Russ will set out for Salt Lake on Monday, but will travel by way of a couple of baseball games and some stops with friends and family. Those guys are two peas in a pod and are bound to have a blast. Dad and the kids and I are leaving from Texas on the same day. We are going to make it to Salt Lake on the 2nd and stay with some of my relatives there while we wait for Clark and Russ. We are planning on getting up to Idaho on the 5th of July. I'm praying for an uneventful trip and that the kids will somehow decide that they enjoy being cooped up in the van for hours on end. Idaho, here we come!

11 comments:

carlston said...

Beth... just checking in on you and forgot that you were thinking of that trip to Greece a few months back - I am so glad you ended up going and that you and Clark got all that time together. I am terribly envious of your trip and your week with just you and your guy! You both look amazing and we are very happy to hear that Clark is on his way home and is safe. Good Luck with your ventures to Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Beth,

How are you? It's Michael Farr, Clark's classmate in Chicago. It's been great reviewing your blog. You do a great job. Would you please tell Clark to get in touch with me when he can? My number is 847-849-6371 or e-mail: teethdr05@gmail.com. Thanks a million!

Anonymous said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun!! It was fun to see Clark this week, he looks SO happy to be back and I'm sure he'll be even happier tomorrow when he will be free to start his drive across the country! Good luck with everything* Your kids are sure to be angels on your drive to ID:)

Ash and Becky said...

Call us when you get here! We can't wait to see you guys!

Athack77 said...

I'm glad you'll be on your way to Idaho soon. Have a safe trip and I'll call ya later and let you know when we can meet up! Happy Trails.

Melinda H. said...

Let us know how you are when you are settled and life is somewhat normal. Miss you a bunch and think of you guys often!

Cannon Fam said...

What a great getaway for you! Greece of all places, i bet that was awesome! So glad you are finally going to be settled in Idaho. That will be so nice for you! What part of Idaho? You have endured a lot! Good luck w/ the move and getting settled.

Nielsen Family said...

We are sooo happy for your family to all be in one place again soon! Best of luck on the trip to ID & thanks for sharing the photos from Greece! You are definitely the cutest couple!

Elissa said...

I am so glad that everything worked out and you were able to meet Clark in Greece! I am sure it was the best trip and reunion. I love all your pictures!

Alyssa said...

Ok...I'm with Callie and totally envious as well of your trip to Greece. You guys honestly deserved that after all you've had to go through! I guess you're in Idaho by now...good luck getting settled, etc.!

Michelle & Steve said...

I can't believe you are done with the Navy! You've definitely "paid back" though and it is so exciting that you can move on to the next thing. I love all your pictures - Greece looks like it was amazing. And you look so good - I can tell you guys were in heaven just being together again! :)