MEMORY LANE- This will be fun!This is just too fun to pass up.Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! I guess good or bad but be nice!!!!!!!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
16 comments:
ok, so this is a weird one, but I do remember the first time I met you --you were standing in Melinda's driveway talking to her,.--I remember thinking you guys were so cool --you were half way done with dental school.--kind of like when you're in high school and when you're a freshman, you think the upperclassmen are so cool. --on another note, I remember making some really weird comment about the elephant underwear you won at Melinda's kinky bunco. I won't refresh your memory about what I said, but I honestly have never forgotten that I said it and how embarrassed I was--hopefully you don't remember it.
Holly, I'm trying my hardest to remember your funny comment about the elephant underwear, but it's not coming back to me. It's making me laugh thinking about it though!
alright, alright, I said "I can just picture Clark in those!" I really didn't picture him, I promise, it just came out that way.
Ha ha! Now I remember! We thought that was pretty funny! Still is, really. He he, good one, Holly.
Do you remember when I stayed the night at your house and your dad woke us up +down stairs by playing Bon Jovie's "Blaze of Glory" that was so cool!! Remember freezinf Mary's bra in the freezer? So crazy!!
My favorite memories of the Elkins are the Sunday game nights of course!! You guys are so much fun to hang with and even put up with Zack and I when we were newly weds. I also remember watching you with Russell right after he was born. You were and are such a wonderful mom Beth!
Beth, I remember going to aerobics at Summit with you, we both just had babies (Luke and Anna) and I was thinking how unfair it was that you were sooooo skinny. I also love the time I watched your kids and when you came back to pick them up, I asked what you did expecting some answer like dinner and a movie... you said you went home...hmmmmm. I thought it was ingenious.
ummm...i remember holly's comment from kinky bunco and it was dang funny!
i remember you and allison threw me a baby shower when i was prego with avery...it was so nice of you!
and my most fav was probably the tim mcgraw concert...and holly screaming every time they showed his bum up on the screen!
Ahhh, memory lane. I am so glad almost all of those memories are from Philly. I am even more glad that my kinky bunco left an imprint in everyone's memories. I should've gone just a little bit more kinkier, j/k! I do remember the elephant undie comment! I can't even come up with just one memory because I feel that we had so many great ones. I always loved spending time with you guys because something fun was bound to happen. You guys are awesome!
Congrats to Evie and her baptism. I am glad that you guys are finally settled in ID and are together as a family again.
I, also, remember the kinky bunco and the elephant underwear comment. You didn't fly under the radar as much as you thought Holly. So hilarious!!! We should have called that bunco "Mormon girls gone wild"! Beth, too many memories. Although I remember you as one of my best knitting students and having one-on-one knitting lessons with you as you tried to make some Christmas gifts including a green scarf for your Grandma. Always thinking of others, I tell you. Seriously, you were always someone that any of your friends could trust and count on!
BTW, totally kidding about the Mormon girls gone wild. We were always very much in control.;)
Happy Birthday!!! I need to call you, but I am not sure that I have a current number for you. I hope you have a great day!
Hey Beth,
I started it this past summer! Everyone was like...'come on get on' so i gave in to peer pressure :) plus it's easier to stay in touch with everyone. I hope all is well with your family!
I remember living in the same building, just two floors up. I remember baking pumpkins pies with you. I still use that recipe. I also remember that you added water to chocolate chip cookies. Now that we live in the high altitude-I do this also. So I think of you when I bake cookies.
I also remember exercising with you. I have a friend that leaves a note on her note when she can't make it in the morning.It totally reminds me of when I left notes on your door when Kaitlyn hadn't slept. Those days were so fun! Hope you are doing well! Keep in touch.
Annie
Those are all such fun memories! Melinda--remember when we would go jogging in freezing cold weather down the Wissahickon trail?? I never would have gone if you hadn't been so dang dedicated. It's a good memory.
Oh Beth! I'm your sister. I think I must have more memories of you than almost anyone..besides Clark, and Mom. It's fun to hear how much everyone loves you and how them knowing you for a brief time has made evident the amazingness you have always had! Beth always the open, down to earth example. Makes me want to be better everytime I talk with you! Ahhh! I have to go to pre-school! I'll finish later!
Post a Comment