
We had a great Thanksgiving! Clark's brother Ellis drove up from Utah and brought a friend, Collin, who we've known for a long time. Board games, lots of food, and just hanging out made for a great weekend. Jammie took all these pictures and made them into this cute collage. She's so talented at it! If you click on the picture you can see it a lot bigger.
I don't think people look at this blog any more since I rarely update it, but I'd still like to express my thanks to God and to all those who enrich my life so much. All the people in the pictures above make me feel so blessed. The kids teach me so much everyday, and, although I'm kind of a slow learner, they love me and accept me and I hope I do the same for them. I hope I can be the kind of mom they deserve. I'm so grateful for Clark. For all his hard work over the course of our marriage and the sacrifices he's made. When we were dating I knew that this was a guy that was going places and I wanted to be along for the ride. I could also tell that he was someone who I could have fun with no matter what, and that has been a blessing in my life. I'm grateful that he honors his priesthood and that blesses my life and the lives of our children so much.
I'm grateful for my sister, Rebekah, and the opportunity we have to have her here as part of our family. I'm so thankful that she is healthy and happy and is determined to stay that way. I love and admire her so much. Even though we are ten years apart in age we've been able to become great friends. It's a friendship I will always cherish. I'm so lucky to have a sister-friend right here in my own house. I'm grateful for the times she's pitched in when she can see I'm overwhelmed and for all the laughing and singing. I'm logging all these memories away so that one day when she's not living with us anymore I can think about them and remember how lucky I was.
And I'm so thankful for Russ and Jammie. They are a testimony to me that God knows us. He knew that Russ and Clark were two peas in a pod and were meant to end up near each other. He blessed me with an amazing sister-in-law who is also a best friend. I feel the blessing of our relationship with them on a daily basis. I'm grateful to them for sharing their experience of the journey of adoption. They will make amazing parents.
I'm thankful to my Savior for never giving up on me, even when I give up on myself. I sometimes forget that He's there, just waiting to lift me up if I just reach out to Him. I know He's there and that He loves me. This knowledge blesses my life more than I can express. It gives me the strength to go on--to start over when I feel like I'm never going to get things right. He has turned trials and mistakes in my life into my greatest joys. He's blessed me with amazing people all around me and many more that are just a phone call away. He's blessed me with the gospel in my life and the incredible opportunity to teach it to my children. He's blessed me with a partner who I get to be with for eternity. How lucky am I? Now the trick is trying not to forget it!
3 comments:
I don't know what to say but that I'm thankful your my sister!
I still look at your blog. You do have a wonderful family, and I love all of you.
I love this post Beth! You're such a wonderful person and example to me! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment