Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here we are!

We've been in Texas for five days now. The trip turned out well. Leila got sick of her car seat as was to be expected and cried a lot. We finally figured out that she couldn't get to sleep because of how bright it was and covered her with a blanket and tucked it in behind her car seat. I kept thinking she was going to suffocate, but she not only survived, but fell asleep and everything was a lot more peaceful.

Clark flew back to Virginia this morning. It was a sad goodbye. Even though we don't know the ship's plans yet, we expect they will get underway sometime soon and we will see him again sometime in June or July. I feel bad for him having to go--I think I have it easier than he does. It's tough with the kids sometimes, but I think it's a lot more lonely for him.

I know the Lord with bless us as he did last time and that we will become stronger as a couple and as a family. I am so humbled when I think of how blessed we have been.

This has been a busy week with my family and I will try to post some pictures soon. It's been great to see everyone again. I've missed them. Russell has bonded quickly with "Oompa" and I think it will be great to be able to spend time with him and his uncles while Clark is gone. More later!

6 comments:

Holly Sanders said...

I don't know if i could do that drive with my kids. IT would be very tough! And the whole ordeal with Clark.. You must be a very strong woman! I bet it will be really nice to have your famlly get you through these next few months. It will probably go fast for you, but not for Clark.

Athack77 said...

Hooray you're safe and sound. I can't believe you did 22 hours in a car? My kids can hardly stand driving to SLC and that's a hal hour away. Be sure to post some pictures of your parents and siblings. It would be fun to see them! Tell your family I said hi!!

Julianne said...

I'm so glad you made it to Texas safely. It seems so strange without you here. I miss you all a ton but are so happy that you're having fun with your family. Please keep in touch!

carlston said...

Beth... you and Clark are amazing. I agree that the whole situation will be harder on Clark. Our prayers are with your sweet family and we truly admire and appreciate your sacrifices.

Ash and Becky said...

You guys are awesome. We're excited for your family to come to Boise!!

Cannon Fam said...

great recent posts! I'm so glad you made it to Texas safely. Moving is never easy w/ kids! so sounds like you'll be settling in Idaho after the navy!? that's great you can be around family while clark is gone. hopefully the time will go quickly for all of you!