Life is good. I'm going on a short trip down to Salt Lake this weekend to visit family. I've made this trip a couple of times before, each time leaving my kiddos behind out of necessity. Clark has been amazing and I've had wonderful friends that have helped out. Each time I've come home with a renewed appreciation of both my husband and my children.
The first trip I made down to SLC was with my sister-in-law and best friend Jammie back in December. On the way home we hit a white out, followed a semi from the freeway into a truck weigh station and through some deep snow. We got stuck and to make a very long story short, four hours later we were rescued by a wonderful grandfatherly tow truck man (is there a name for that profession--tow-er?) This was all just outside of Burley, Idaho, where we decided to stop for the night. We stayed with Clark's great uncle and his wife, who we had never met. Bless their hearts they took us in, gave us a bed and an electric blanket and I don't think I've ever been more relieved to be anywhere in my life. But I sure was glad to get home to my kids the next day. It was tough not being able to get home no matter how hard I tried. It makes me think about all those days, and weeks, and months that Clark spent on the ship in the Navy and how it must have been so hard for him to be there when all he wanted was to be at home with his family.
So I'll quit my ramblings now. I'm just feeling blessed to be the mom of four great kids and to have such a wonderful, supportive husband.
As far as family news goes, Leila turned two this month. We're not really
I chopped my hair! I think it was about nine inches and I'm still getting used to it. I love growing my hair out and then dramatically chopping it off. Fun stuff.
We're buying a house! We're supposed to close on it in the next couple of weeks if all goes well. We are soooo excited! Yep, we're planning on sticking around Boise for a while.
I hope everyone out there in blogging world is doing well! I can't promise with a move looming that I'm going to be any better at blogging the next couple of months, but I'll at least try to put something on here when we actually move into our new place.
5 comments:
yeah, I'm so glad you blogged! It sounds like things are going great up there in Boise. I was wondering how Clarks job was going, and stuff. I'm thrilled that you're buying a home--I'm sure you're excited! I would be if i was buying a home. hmmm....someday.
Congrats on the house! That is so exciting. A lot of work, but how fun to have a place to call your own. Sounds like you guys are doing well! It's funny because Greg hardly gets a reliable internet connection on the ship and yet he has been looking up houses and sending them to me. I'm pretty sure that he's excited to finally get to settle down somewhere, sometime this year. Yeah, our plans are written in stone:) Hope to see you sometime in the next two months!!
oh, and I vote for just one more baby:) I know, my vote totally counts!
A house means so many things! But mainly it means you get to finally be permanent somewhere! How awesome is that! I want to see a picture of your chopped hair, I am sure it's very cute. Good luck on your new house and post some pictures of it.
Hey Beth! This is Sarah Bast....from way back in the Orem/Provo days. It is so fun to see your little family! What cute kids! I think that is so great you are getting a house! We finally are in our first house, too. We love it!
Post a Comment