Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm with the band

One of the reasons I fell in love with Clark is because he is an amazing musician. He and his brother Russ have been playing the guitar together and composing music since they were teenagers. They have come a long way--even putting together a cd while Russ lived in Boise and Clark was living on a ship most of the time. It's been so fun to watch them grow as musicians. What I like best, though, is watching them perform together. It's like it's just meant to be. Their latest show was at the Main Street park in Meridian. The kids got to run around a play and the adults got to relax and listen to some great music. They also play regularly at Smokey Mountain Pizza in Meridian a few other places in the area.

The name of their group is The Invisible Swordsmen. Clark and Russ have made up the base of it, with some collaborations with their other two brothers Ellis and Bryan. Their newest CD "A Sea Unseen" was just finished this past month. Check it out at
http://cdbaby.com/cd/invisibleswordsmen
In the left-hand column you can click on individual songs to hear part of it. I'm really proud of them for how it turned out. I think each one has gotten better and better.

I'm so glad that despite all the craziness of life Clark is still making great music. The sound of him singing and playing has been part of our children's lives since they were born. It's as natural as any other daily sound in our house and I'm so grateful for that.

1 comment:

Radene said...

That's really neat. I like to see adults fitting in their dreams and having a good family life too. Awesome.