We decorated our Christmas tree this holiday weekend. Believe it or not, this is a first for us as a family. We've always been students going home for Christmas, so didn't bother putting one up until last year. We put up a yard sale find that was not my idea of a pretty Christmas tree with the sparse branches and green fake pine needles wrapped around the trunk. Plus, Clark was out to sea last Christmas, so I don't really count that tree anyway.
So this year we decided to get a real tree. We went down to good old Home Depot and picked out a real beauty. I know it's not the whole experience of cutting one down and all that, which I think would be so fun, but it was still so great and put me in a really Christmas-y mood. So turn on jingle bells and pass the eggnog, k?
Our good friends the Newells who are finishing up dental school in Philly drove down for Thanksgiving and helped us decorate the tree. Thanks guys! It was so fun seeing them! We've missed those guys.
So here's my question: What do you prefer? Real tree or artificial? Clark's family always had a fake tree. My family, real. I've heard some families alternate each year. Personally, I don't know which way is going to be "it"for our family. I loved the excitement of going and picking one out as a family, but with so much going on at Christmas I can see that having a great-looking artificial tree would be very convenient. Too bad the artificial ones lack the great smell. My house smells sooo good now!
5 comments:
we always prefer real! But...we've had a fake one for the last 5 years. I look at it as--well we've saved ourselves 60 dollars each Christmas. We always burn a nice tree smelling candle to help make it feel real. So i think this may be the last year for the fake one
I'm all for the REAL one!! I like to have two trees though...one FANCY and one that the kids get to decorate. So I have a fake tree for the FANCY and REAL for the kids! It's all fun though!
We have a fake one...then you don't have to worry about it drying out or needles dropping all over the floor and spending $ every year to get a new tree. You can always buy some ornaments that smell like pine trees to put on to get the Christmas smell.
We're personally real tree fans. It's just more fun to go pick it out each year and bring it home to decorate. They smell good and look better too.
go for the real one. I miss going out and cutting our own
Post a Comment