Monday, January 14, 2008

Moving Craziness

I've been waiting until things calmed down here and plans became settled to post about what the next few months hold for us, but I've recently decided that I'd better get on the stick and stop waiting for things to calm down because it ain't happening. Most of you know that Clark is scheduled to deploy again soon. The original date of deployment is February 19th. We decided to move the family down to Texas to live with my Mom and Dad while Clark is gone. I debated about this for quite a while. The main con was having to make Evie and Anna change schools in the middle of the school year and also the fact that we are renting our home and were wondering if we could get out of our lease a bit early. Our landlord gave us the okay, and I decided it was better for the kids to move in the middle of the school year than it would be for them to have a depressed and overwhelmed mom. My sister and her husband are getting sealed in the Houston temple on Feb. 9th so we've decided to put most of our stuff in storage here and drive down to Texas early in the week of the sealing. Clark will fly back to Virginia that weekend and hang out here for about a week before he deploys.

Since all this has been decided and planned, the Navy has decided to see how crazy they can make us by moving Clark's deployment date around. Although it has never officially been changed from Feb. 19th, the powers that be have mentioned the possibilities of it being moved a month back to sometime in March, or a few weeks earlier, (Feb. 1st.) Our plans to go to Texas are so far staying the same, and unless by some miracle his deployment gets canceled completely (could happen, but the chances are slim) our moving day is pretty much set for Feb 5th. If his deployment gets moved up, we'll move that date up (and I'll be going nuts trying to get everything ready in time!)

Clark's Navy commitment is over at the beginning of June, but unfortunately the Navy is exercising their right to extend him a bit until his replacement can be flown out to the ship during the deployment. His replacement will not be done with his AEGD program until the end of June and with traveling time and waiting for military flights we're crossing our fingers that we'll see him by the end of July.

When he gets home we'll move out to Boise-area where Clark's brother Russ lives with his wife. Much of Clark's extended family lives there as well. We are excited to be closer to family, even if it may be temporary as we aren't sure if that's where we want to settle forever. Clark has interviewed at a couple of places there and we kind of wish we could skip to the part where we are moving out there. But if there's anything that the last deployment taught me it was that through trials you really do gain more than you lose. Our relationship was strengthened and I gained a greater testimony of prayer and of Heavenly Father's love for me and my family. There was a very real presence of comfort and strength in our home throughout the time that he was away. I truly felt the love and prayers of my family and friends lifting me up as I was on my own each day. Thank you all for that! It will not be forgotten--ever!

I'm really going to miss Virginia and the great friends we've made here. Sometimes I wonder what makes us so special that we get to be so lucky to have such great wards and great friends wherever we go. I love you guys!

So now we're three weeks away from moving day! I've sold some furniture on craigslist and done some cleaning out, but so far that's about as far as my prep-work has gone. Let the packing begin!

7 comments:

Krystin Coburn said...

Beth it is going to be GREAT!!! Good luck and what a blessing to be able to be with your parents in Texas for a little while. Take care and boy do I wish too that we could skip all the interview stuff and be settled somewhere and have the perfect job!! Hopefully things will all work out!

Holly Sanders said...

I'm sure you are so ready to be done with the navy--no student loans either! Where is he going to be working at in Boise? I heard from someone--I don't know who but they said he was thinking about willow tree? Good luck and I'm sure it will go by so much faster when you have help. Having to raise 4 kids by yourself would probably feel like an eternity, and my nerves would be shot!

Ash and Becky said...

Let me know if you need anything while you are trying to look for houses, etc. We are so excited for you guys to be moving close to us!

Katrina said...

You will be so missed Beth!! We never even got to really hang out but it was always so fun seeing you at church...keep up with the blogging so that we can keep up with your family.

Athack77 said...

Which of your sister's is getting married? Send me your contact information for Texas and I'll call you. It would be fun to get together while you are in Boise. Chris has family there and I know we're coming that way the end of June/first part of July for a family reunion in Oregon!

Cannon Fam said...

Wow, all I can say is you're amazing to have gotten through the last deployment pregnant w/ three kids and then giving birth to Leila! You will be much happier close to family this time!! Good luck w/ the move to Texas, then Boise. If you ever want to come check out Colorado in the future, let us know!

Melinda H. said...

You know what's really sad? I could just pick up the phone and talk to you about all of your stuff going on...but instead I just read it on your blog and leave a comment. I hope that all your moves go well. I am so glad that you are going to have your family this next deployment. My good friend's husband is being deployed to Grease for a year and she is moving back to Alabama and I won't ever see her again! You military people! Actually, what would we do without you? You are a brave women, but if anyone can do all of this it's you. You have always been so patient. I always would think in my mind...be more patient, like Beth. You are awesome! Tell Clark good luck.