So I'm singing the praises of this cleaner that I bought on an "all-natural" whim a few weeks ago. It's cleaning power is good, but what I'm excited about is that it didn't blind my baby when I stupidly left it out yesterday. I had given Leila some snacks in her high chair and had gone over to write Clark a quick email (cell phones don't work on the ship, even when it's in port.) When I finished (I'm talking five minutes or so later) I walked into the kitchen to find Russell standing less than a foot away from Leila's chair spraying this cleaner in her face. It looked like he had sprayed down the table and then decided that wasn't quite fun enough. Leila wasn't crying yet, but her face was completely wet with the cleaner and she was blinking a lot because it was getting into her eyes. Well, you can guess what happened next. I sort of freaked out a little bit. I gave Russell a smack on the hand he won't be forgetting and nearly drowned Leila in the kitchen sink trying to rinse it all out of her eyes. Amazingly, she never cried at all. After a call to the pediatrician (if you want quick service just try telling them your toddler sprayed your baby in the face with kitchen cleaner) and a bath to make sure it was all off we were all feeling a lot better.I guess it could have been a different story if it had been one of those cleaners with bleach or something really strong in it. So today I'm singing the praises of "natural" cleaners! Maybe I would have been better about putting it away if it had stronger chemicals in it, but you never know. I think I'll be buying this stuff from now on. Just in case!
7 comments:
That is really scary! I have had to call the poison control many times with Maggie--it is such a scary feeling.
Sounds like a Charlie/Kate moment. Where did you buy the cleaner? Best wishes with your move.
I bought it at Farm Fresh Supermarket. Do you have those there? I've never looked for it anywhere else, but I imagine you could find it other places.
I only started laughing when I got to the end and knew everything was okay! I especially like the line about getting quick service at the pediatrician. Russell! :)
How scary! I'm glad everything turned out okay! Sam (it's always the boy isn't it!) sprayed bleach all over my laundry room and got it on some clothes! I was so mad, but grateful it wasn't his sisters.
Wow! That could've been really bad if he had used tilex or something. Hunter never sprayed Austin, but he did help me clean once and sprayed it all over the TV...of course our TV broke. You got lucky! That stuff sounds great...how does it work?
Ahhhh...so scary! I love that Leila just sat there blinking like "wow, this is annoying". They are so innocent. I'm really getting into the whole "a natural" thing. There are too many harsh substances we keep in our home. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment