Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow?

I know this probably looks so pathetic to all of you in Colorado or Utah or ALASKA! But this is the most snow we've had this year. Sunday morning we woke up to a dusting of snow and the kids were beyond excited (this was what Evie had been praying for all winter!) So they bundled up for some pre-church fun in the snow. Luckily our church meetings got switched to 11am after the new year. Russell really hadn't ever seen snow (and still hasn't in my opinion), so he had fun checking it out. Clark threw a snowball at him and he looked at me with a completely shocked look on his face. I had to help him scrape together a very small and grassy snowball and point him towards Daddy. He got the idea after that.

Evie really misses the snow we had in Philadelphia. One year we slid down the huge pile of snow left by the snow plow at our apartment. Fun stuff. She's excited about getting back to the snow when we're in Idaho next winter. There are snow angels to make and snowballs to throw. But for now this little bit of snow was almost as exciting.


5 comments:

Holly Sanders said...

we really haven't had much here this year. I'm sure you'll be getting your share next year! I heard they've been getting plenty of snow this year.

Athack77 said...

I'll trade you!! We've got 2 feet on the ground with another storm coming tomorrow. At least your kids had a good time!

Melinda H. said...

I didn't know it snowed in V.Beach! That was probably so fun for the kids. We had a missionary over last night who was born and raised in FL and he said this was the first time he'd ever seen snow. You will have plenty of snow next year in ID.

Anonymous said...

Greg said it was snowing the night before I got home and I was thinking it was like all other 'snow storms' since we moved here where it dissapears within half an hour. The next night when I got home there was still some on our lawn! Wow, it made the transition from Utah that much easier:)

Karen said...

Love all your pictures Beth. You are still as gorgeous as ever and your kids are all such cuties. How fun to get snow in Virginia Beach. I know I was really missing it in Hawaii. I really did...especially during Christmas!